Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Webb Sisters New EP

Certainly, there are bigger new releases this week.  Still, I find myself listening a lot to the new Webb Sisters EP, Comes in Twos (available on itunes).  They have been performing with Leonard Cohen live, making his upcoming tour dates all the more compelling (most of the North American dates will be announced soon).  The EP features a live recording of Cohen with the Webb Sisters performing If it Be Your Will.  Brilliant.  They are so damn good that Cohen pretty much just introduces them and lets them perform his song.  

I'm not sure if the Sisters have been influenced by Cohen or if they were selected to preform with him because of a similar musical outlook.  Some tracks could be called alternative country, especially In Your Father's Eyes.  Others, such as Words That Mobilise [sic], will be pleasing and familiar to fans of Cohen.  I like them all.  A solid release, and I'll definitely look forward to seeing the Webb Sisters performing with Leonard Cohen.  If I can get tickets.



No comments: